Creating Your Application Account
Create a username and password:
- This will allow you to check the status of your application, as well as allow you to log back in and complete application if stopped mid-way
Provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
Provide proof of identity by uploading one of the following:
- Official identification card
- Valid state-issued identification card
- Government-issued card (passport, Permanent Resident Card)
- Student Identification Card with picture
Upload a photo:
- Provide photo to be printed on the Reduced Fare FAREPAY Card. Options:
- Upload a photo
- Have picture taken at customer service location
- Note: Uploaded pictures must be of the full face from the front, not be too dark or too bright, be representative of the current age of the applicant, and meet the file size requirements.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Proof of income:
- 60 days of paystubs
- Previous year W-2
- Previous year taxes
- A Medicaid card (state-issued)
- Medicaid benefits must be in a current/valid status. This will be verified. If the Medicaid card is not valid, it will not be accepted as proof of income.
- Medical provider's disclosure
- Signed by currently licensed healthcare professional – Form is available here
- Applicant may upload a copy/photo of his/her MediCare Insurance card (Federal program).
Medicare Eligible Applicants:
- Medicare card
- Applicant will upload a copy of their current Medicare card
Getting Your Pass
The pass may be mailed to customer if a picture was supplied in the application and that picture was approved. The pass will be mailed to the address supplied on the application.
If a picture was not supplied in the application and/or the supplied picture was not approved, you can go into any UTA Customer Service Location to get your picture taken. Customer Service will print the picture on your Reduced Fare FAREPAY Card.
Replacing Your Card
If a card is lost/stolen/damaged, you will have to contact UTA Customer Service to report it and have it deactivated.
Only registered cards can be replaced. Customer Service will look up your information to verify eligibility and create a new card. A new card will be mailed out to you.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please go to one of UTA’s Customer Service locations to complete a paper application. Click here for Customer Service locations.